chipsounds ( Twitter – Facebook – Google+ ), the software synth that faithfully emulates the 8-bit sound chips from classic video game consoles, home computers and arcade games has just been updated to 1.6! This update brings many new sounds, effects and features to this already feature-packed VST/AU/RTAS plug-in.
In this release, Plogue gives a wink to the legendary Amiga computer by making possible to import sounds from .MOD, .MED, and .IFF (8SVX) files! As a bonus, the famous ST-01 sound pack is preloaded, tuned and categorized.
Also new in this release:
- Added analog sounds and effects from 6 of the most iconic arcade games
- Added PC Speaker beep and casing resonance effect (i825x PIT + Speaker Impulse)
- Added Custom Waveforms/Music Formulas (Viznut/co’s Experimental music from very short C programs)
- Added 4-bit and DMC Mellotron Strings
- New graphical design
- Performance and Stability Improvements
If you want to try out chipsounds for free OR if you are a registered chipsounds user, download chipsounds 1.6 here
We produce our own software, as well as providing our technology to third-parties.
Our main products are:
- ARIA Engine ( Twitter – Facebook – Google+ – LinkedIn ) : A 64-bit and multi platform sound engine based on the open SFZ format.
- Bidule ( Twitter – Facebook – Google+ ) : A modular audio environment.
- chipsounds ( Twitter – Facebook – Google+ ) : A VST/AU/RTAS software synthesizer that emulates 8-bit sound chips and circuits from vintage computers, video game consoles and arcades.
In addition to building our own products, we also make ourself available for hire by third parties for the development of custom music/DSP applications and plugins.
So far Plogue’s work can be found in various products from:
- Garritan (6 ARIA Player based products + Steinway & Sons Virtual Concert Grand Piano)
- Makemusic (Finale 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012)
- Microsoft (Songsmith)
- AVID Technologies (Sibelius 5, 6 & 7)
- SONY Creative Software (Acid Pro 7)
- AKAI (EWI-USB)
- Geniesoft (Overture 4.0)