This forum is now locked and moved (back) to Plogue's forum http://plogue.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=14
multi-output feature
  • kinwiekinwie
    how to setup and use the multi-output feature? what is the opcode?
  • davidvdavidv

output=X  //stereo pair number

however that wont have an effect in sforzando at the moment. 

I'm thinking of something for a future release.

• kinwiekinwie
    yeah, have tried that opcode and it didn't work. thanks a lot for your quick reply. sforzando is very cool and very stable. i test it in my pro tools 10 and runs great! so i guess, let's wait :D
  • kinwiekinwie
    read about 'pro' version, will this 'multi-output' also available in pro?
  • kinwiekinwie
    and if there is a 'pro' version of sforzando, how much will it cost?
  • davidvdavidv

The multi out (but still monotimbral version), could be in the next free build.

If you need both multitimbral and multiout, then you need to get ARIA Player which comes bundled with any new Garritan Library.

• kinwiekinwie
    is there any offer to buy only the player? because i don't need the garritan library. or maybe pro/pay-version of next sforzando will have the same features/function as aria? i think i'll wait for the 'player only' (with a chorus and reverb fx integrated) if have to buy one
  • pljonespljones
    It's not exactly monotimbral...

<group> lochan=1 hichan=1 output=1
    <region> sample=*sine

<group> lochan=2 hichan=2 output=2
    <region> sample=*saw

There!  Two sounds, selected by switching MIDI Channel - i.e. sending events in on separate channels, which is how multitimbral MIDI synths generally work.
  • kinwiekinwie
    sforzando pro, please... :D
  • davidvdavidv
    yeah, just that locan/hichan doesn't currently work in ARIA... Its a complex voice management issue i need to sort out.
  • kinwiekinwie
    1 vote for full-featured sforzando :)
  • pljonespljones
    Oh, I didn't realise there was no multi-channel support... I guess it's not that simple...  Suddenly you've 16 copies of everything (and handling omni has to be thought about, too)...
  • davidvdavidv
    ARIA Player/chipsounds, which are multitimbral (in the MIDI sense), do offer MIDI chan/omni selection upstream from the bare SFZ work. While a product like sforzando doesnt have multiple slots, it would need to be implemented at the low level.
  • kinwiekinwie

• kinwiekinwie
    any news on this topic? any reasonable price for the pro version will be fine to me
  • davidvdavidv
    Not currently I'm afraid. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!