This forum is now locked and moved (back) to Plogue's forum http://plogue.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=14
Swapping L&R channels without width=-100
  • pljonespljones
    In the "Unimplemented sfz 1.0 opcodes" post, it says
    width and position
    In our opinion this is implementation specific, and related to pan in balance mode.
    The thing I most commonly use width for is swapping left/right channels - i.e. I use width=-100 - usually when a sample has been recorded on a mono pair and mistakenly had the L and R sides swapped.  (Sometimes one or two samples in an entire sampled drum kit can be like this.)

The note directs to use of "pan in balance mode" but I don't understand how to achieve the effect I'm after, so any help would be appreciated! :)

-- Peter
  • davidvdavidv
    I need to sort all this out. One of my 2013 resolutions is to cover the 4 or 5 missing SFZ 1.0 opcodes.
  • kinwiekinwie
    width=0 is now working, but width=-100 still unsupported yet?

oyeah, it seems that trigger=release also not working, or any replacement for it?
  • davidvdavidv

Indeed negative width is unimplemented. I actually missed this.

The book has [-100;100] for range but only explains [0:100]

As far as trigger=release not working, you would need to post your example, as we use tons of release triggers for our products, I would be very surprised I ever broke in in any ARIA version.

• kinwiekinwie
    here an example of a simple test file :

<group>
    sample=combiLR.wav
    loop_mode=one_shot

<region>
    key=60

<region>
    key=62
    trigger=release

the note 62 is not triggered
    thanks...
  • kinwiekinwie
    and will love to have these in sforzando/Aria ;

amplfo_delay_onccN, fillfo_delay_onccN, pitchlfo_delay_onccN (yes they are officially not available in sfz v1 but our neighbor sampler :D supported them)

fil_veltrack_onccN (while the amp_veltrack_ccN is working)
  • davidvdavidv

Now that is something interesting.

ARIA and Dimension will not play a trigger=release unless there's a dying 'same' note mapped with trigger=attack. (however it DOES work in sfz.dll)

SFZ 2.0 has added trigger=release_key for that, but interestingly it is NOT in either editions of the Cakewalk book

Indeed this should be documented better.

(see more details with rt_dead http://ariaengine.com/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/4390/arias-unimplemented-sfz-2-0-opcodes/p1)

• davidvdavidv

Other uses of release_key, seems this is probably where i originally got this opcode from, at a certain point in time there was lots of undocumented SFZ 2.X opcodes on the Project5 wiki

http://project5.technetos.com/synth/dimension/sfz-grand-piano.shtml

• davidvdavidv

Adding opcodes to deprecarted SFZ 1.0 constructs is always touchy, but since I'm guilty myself, and that the neighbor does it (as you say), I just added amplfo_delay_onccN, fillfo_delay_onccN and pitchlfo_delay_onccN 

just a few lines in the parser,  if only every demands were that simple. Note that looking at the neighbor, I already did lots of those extra opcodes myself. Most of these are clear cases of trivially missing from the spec, and its more 'balanced' to add them. Example, each time theres a oncc, there should be a curvecc, smoothcc, etc

However:

"fil_veltrack_onccN (while the amp_veltrack_ccN is working)"

amp_veltrack is a monstrosity that squeezes and scales in a very weird way and does not give the same result accross every Cakewalk SFZ products, my implementation is "midway' across SFZ/Dimension, so i dont remomend using it

For any velocity influence in the future, please use amplitude_oncc131 and cutoff_oncc131

(131 being velocity of course, see Cakewalk synthesizers, 2nd edition page 364)

• kinwiekinwie
    thanks for the answer, trigger=release_key is working for me, sorry i have not much SFZ 2 knowledge

i have tried cutoff_oncc131, but the cc number 131 not appears in the Controls tab.

i just thinking to show the "filter & amp to velocity" controls as well as other parameters if i make some gm/sf2 conversion again, so everybody can have a full controls for tweaking sounds within sforzando.
  • davidvdavidv
    cc131 does not appear in the control tab because its a non-user CC, since it changes each time a user hits a note for a region.
  • kinwiekinwie
    i see, and i agree that cc should be not appear.

i'm just too curious to ask about fil_veltrack_onccN, because amp_veltrack_ccN is working
    maybe i'm too influenced by NN-XT, lol
    well, that's not too essential anyway
    thanks for the infos...
  • davidvdavidv
    I've added a better solution to scale cc's toghether, its way _way_ more flexible :)
  • davidvdavidv

And back to topic (please create new topics for each SFZ opcode you have questions for),

I just fixed the width as well, seems like there will need to be an update pretty soon!

• kinwiekinwie
    okay sir, can't wait...thanks a lot!
  • davidvdavidv
    width fixed in 1.7.0.7

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!