This forum is now locked and moved (back) to Plogue's forum http://plogue.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=14
Soundfont filters not converted when imported into Sforzando?
  • arfyarfy
    Hi. I'm trying to convert the vintage dreams waves v2 soundfont to an sfz, but it seems that a lot of the sounds just seem flat and lifeless. Yes, part of it is the fact that sforzando doesn't have any fx, but that's fine. the bigger problem though seems to be that the filters in the sf2 either aren't converted, or just don't have any effect. any suggestions or things I can do differently?

• davidvdavidv

The filter conversion in our SF2 currently doesn't cover every case.

Just manually delete the filter opcodes from the SFZ file.

• arfyarfy
    Hi. After some more investigation, it seems that there were filter opcodes in the patch I tried the other day, but no filter envelopes seemed to be converted. Instead, I saw this under the filter/resonance opcodes.

//EG WITHOUT TARGET

//SFZModUnknown!!!
    What exactly do these messages mean? Are they errors in the original soundfont, or simply features that the sforzando sf2 conversion routine doesn't handle at this time?

Also, not related to filtering but still on the topic of conversion, is it possible to change the way samples are extracted from the sf2? Instead of all samples being put in one wav file, have each sample in it's own file instead? This might affect how another part of the soundfont is handled, the drums. At the moment, if you play a drum, it plays fine, but then the one master sample seems to be looped along with every key as well. if it would help, I can send the sf2 file somewhere, but you've probably heard of it anyway, it's quite a well-known soundfont, I think.

• davidvdavidv
    I'm afraid these conversion limitations are here to stay for a while. Unless there's a KickStarter or something lol

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!