This forum is now locked and moved (back) to Plogue's forum http://plogue.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=14
Please fix Sforzando Player 1.665, using Logic 10.0.4 with Mavericks 10.9 [SOLVED]
  • anp27anp27
    I really enjoy using the Sforzando Player to load my Garritan Libraries (GPO4, JABB3, IO) but since updating to 1.665, the sfz player doesn't work like it used to. One of the main reasons why I love the sfz player is because all the Midi CCs show up as automation in Logic 10.0.4 and I'm able to draw in the CC values with a lot of ease. Logic does not and never has had an 'expression maps' feature within the program, so this is the next best thing for me. When I load the ARIA Player, these CCs do not show up as automation for some reason, and this leads me to believe that the sfz player digs deeper into Midi, way more than the ARIA player. 

Since updating, however, the CC feature in the sfz player sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. I really wish it would work all the time like it used to. It is an amazing plugin and I also love the free sounds! I would gladly pay to get the features back and maybe have more features built in. Please fix?
  • davidvdavidv
    Confirmed. We will look into this.
  • davidvdavidv
    In the mean time, if you could find a way to automate MIDI CCs (since they are a direct match anyway)
    We haven't learned Logic X much that i sadly can't give you a step by step for now.
  • The MIDI Draw View lets you write any cc parameter in Logic X. As a temporary workaround...
  • anp27anp27
    Davidv, got your email and installed the sfz update, thank you so much. We're getting closer.. although the sfz does show up as an option in automation now, I'm getting a limited number of MIDI CCs in the list for every instrument that I load up in the sfz player, as listed below:

CC01
    CC12
    CC13
    CC17
    CC18
    CC20
    CC21
    CC22
    CC23
    CC26
    CC27
    CC29

It would be great to have all 127 options again, like it used to be. When I loaded up a Trumpet in JABB3, I was sad to not see CC15 in the list. CC15 is actually the controller for trumpet release efx. However,  I really do appreciate that it shows up as 'CC' instead of 'pt', as it used to in the older sforzando player. I never knew what 'pt' was referencing, but I guessed that it somehow stood for 'CC'. This was a very minor issue and it did not deter me from being able to draw in CCs as automation. 

Also, in the ARIA Player, when I click on the Ensemble button to load an ensemble, only Instant Orchestra shows up, my GPO4 and JABB3 are nowhere to be seen. And when I l do load an IO ensemble, I get a huge error message, something about 'slot not found'. 

One more note, I noticed that when I load the sfz player, I only get the option for a Stereo instrument track, I used to get the 'Mono' option as well. Is this right?

I thank you again for the update package, and I hope we can get everything sorted out!
  • anp27anp27
    EricPatenaude, yes, I have resorted to Midi Draw but I had a really nice workflow going with Midi CC as automation which I would love to return to. Because you can copy automation, embed them onto regions and move them around freely on any track(s) in the Main Window. 
  • davidvdavidv

Updated sforzando to v1.669 which adds the missing CCs

• anp27anp27
    Thank you so much davidv! I have installed the update and everything is working as it was before :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!