This forum is now locked and moved (back) to Plogue's forum http://plogue.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=14
Quick questions here...
  • kinwiekinwie
    a quick question, davidv,
    do you recomend things like this,eg :

- key= 45 hikey=47
    - lokey=35 key=36
    - key=47 lokey=46 hikey=48

or it's better to use pitch_keycenter?
  • pljonespljones
    Remember each opcode overrides anything that comes before it touching the same setting - so in your second example, the "lokey" essentially does nothing.  Personally, I wouldn't mix-n-match between the shortcut "key" and the long hand of writing all three out.  (Maybe with the exception of setting key at <group> level and overriding at <region> level but even that would be hard to read, so I wouldn't recommend it.)
  • kinwiekinwie
    understand,

i just often wrong typing the _ (underscore), without the shift harder pressed it become - (minus)

thanks, jones
  • davidvdavidv
    The problem with opcode "overloads" like key is that depending on the parser, things could give different results. If I recall Dimension Pro reads from left to right, while aria grabs every opcode, sorts them and treat them in order for those overloads to work in every case.
  • davidvdavidv
    So in order for the lokey/hikey/pitch_keycenter to give the same result both in ARIA and SFZ/Dimension you will have to do key last.
  • kinwiekinwie
    so there's difference between players, i see..
    clear to me now, thank you
  • pljonespljones
    I'll have to remember that -- another reason to avoid mixing them.
  • kinwiekinwie
    will pitch_keycenter=sample be supported in some next update?

it's a very effective opcode.

p.s. i've read the aria update log, currently works only for one-shot samples
  • davidvdavidv
    "Version 1.6.2.7 February 15th 2013

pitch_keycenter=sample now works for files with no loop points."

Should have read "now works even for files with no loop points" , in realy it works all the time (just checked the code)

• kinwiekinwie
    i too, just tested again, both with and without loop points, but no luck here.
    tried both 1.669 and 1.707
  • kinwiekinwie
    ahh, sorry, curious and re-testing again,
    the result is :

it works on <region> but won't works on <group>

well, in my opinion, it can be called effective if it placed as group opcode :)
  • kinwiekinwie
    hi Davidv,

if we use offset/end=, to set a portion of sample,
    sforzando load only that defined sample portion or the whole sample?
  • davidvdavidv

depends on a few internal optimizations, but most of the time it will load it all anyway.

• kinwiekinwie
    okay, thanks.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!